Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Silver Linings

I just got done reading a post from Bronwyn's blog about how she ruined the life of one of her research contacts. Made me laugh, and as usual I found a silver lining in the entire story.

Which is rather funny as last night I just submitted a story to Chicken Soup for the Soul for an upcoming book. It's one on family caregivers, and seeing as how I have lots of experience with that I wrote a story for them on Alzheimer's.

Granted, most people wouldn't find Alzheimer's a "funny" topic. But I'm not most people and I do sport a warped sense of humor. I fully expect to find myself (or more likely someone finding me) running down the street some day with my underwear on my head proclaiming myself the "Queen of Everything". It doesn't make me sad, it makes me laugh, as that scene is a true possibility for me. See, another silver lining! I must get it from my mother, although I'm a cynic there are some topics that just beg me to dig for a sparkle of mirth somewhere.

I just hope I'm as funny as my great-grandmother was and as feisty as my grandmother when it strikes. They both showed true grace and left me with warm memories that make me laugh. Like Grandma dropping the f-bomb and swearing like a sailor. So out of character and yet so hilariously funny! I just hope I remember that when it's my turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment