Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Losses Keep Piling Up

Ok, I'm done with Death. Sick of Death, Tired of Death and so over Death. Too many losses lately.

My sister left this mortal coil on 11/12/13.  In December, almost on the same day, my mother-in-law passed away. An amazing woman full of grace and intelligence she will be missed, and not just by her children and grandchildren. She was an excellent hunter and fisherwoman, at ease with a rifle, fishing poles and camping gear.

Then my father-in-law passed in January. Making the end of the year and the start of the new year bookends. In a way he had planned his passing, by not taking his meds and eating as he should. Stubborn like his son, he went on his own terms. He will be missed too.

But I would seriously like a break for the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment