Monday, December 7, 2015

NaNoWriMo Failure

It's been sometime since I've blogged and it's been some time since I failed a NaNoWriMo, but this year I did. My day job interrupted my writing time and I ended up finishing with about 35,000 words (I didn't validate my novel).

The good news is I'm still working on a new book, new characters, new Cozy series. This one is a true cozy - strong female lead characters, a romantic interest and a murder to solve. I'm hoping to have it finished up this weekend and then I'll be making a concerted effort to polish it up, get out some synopsises to agents and hope I get a bite.

One thing I am really hoping for is that the publisher will use the photo that prompted the story. It was taken by a dear friend of mine and it's the second photo of his that gave me my NaNoWriMo project for the year.  I love a lot of his work, I love that they give me story lines, but I regret that they give me entirely new book series ideas. I simply don't have that much time to write, given that - like the vast majority of writers - I have a demanding full time job, plus extended family and pets galore.

I really don't care which book series get picked up first, by an agent or publisher, as long as one gets picked up I'll be happy. I won't forget the rest, that's for certain. Jess, who started it all, deserves to have her stories read, even if I have to self-pub them, save money up for cover art to be created, and market them all by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment