Friday, April 15, 2011

Musing about MaryJanice Davidson

One of the writer's from my local group was on TV yesterday, touting her latest book, which made me do a "happy chair dance". Best part of that is she'll be my mentor, yippee!!

So, what's this got to do with MaryJanice of Betsy, Wyndam, Fred, and Jennifer Scales fame? I was having a bit of a self-pity party as it wasn't me on TV and I was wishing MaryJanice was next door so I could dash over with some warm Snickerdoodles as a bribe and pick her brain for a bit. MJD was most kind in answering all of my questions at her book signing in Lansing for Me, Myself, and Why?, but now I have more questions, and she's not anywhere near me - geographically speaking.

Tracy, MJ's busy assistant, is also incredibly wonderful, answering all sorts of questions I've emailed her. One of these days, I'll have to find a way to be at a conference where they will be at so I can thank them with something appropriately and wonderfully chocolate.

In the meantime, I'll skulk about for the rest of the day while mulling over what to blog about on the GRRWG site tomorrow, and perhaps re-read the first Betsy book for a good laugh tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment