Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Procrastination

I've been dragging my feet.  I'm really good at procrastinating.  A friend of mine from stitching used to talk about starting a Procrastinator's Anonymous club but we could never get around to scheduling a meeting.  Still makes me laugh...okay, so I'm easy to entertain, I'll admit it.

But, I do have my synopsis done.  And I got some sewing done.  The two have nothing to do with each other, unless you figure I use my delayed sewing projects as a diversion.  My excuse is that I have a freebie coupon to get my abused machine cleaned for free and I still had polar fleece to use up.  Now that's out of my way, I really have no excuses to delaying my agent letters.

Jess is threatening to kick my butt...how a character in my head can actually kick my butt I've got no idea, but if any of my characters can do it, Jess can.  I promised her I'll introduce you all to her within the next few days.  She's happy that she's first on the list as Collie really drives her batty in so many ways.  She likes Merie though, because Merie thinks it's funny when God picks Satan up by his blond curls to shake him like a rag doll.  The visuals I get off of that make me laugh out loud, which makes people look at me funny.  These outbursts happen randomly and I'm finding it hard at times to control it during meetings when I'm bored.

I miss my LGBT kids at work who so patiently listened to me talk about the book and who understood why I was at my desk laughing at my laptop screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment